Friday, March 18, 2016

Watercoloured Backgrounds

Here are a selection of cards I created for Practical Publishing a while ago that demonstrated techniques that could be used to watercolour backgrounds for cards. I used salt, over white heat embossing, wet-on-wet technique, using embossing folders, with stencils (lifting colour) and over the top of texture paste.







 The green one that was done using an embossing folder is actually ombre in effect (very subtle) but accomplished by laying progressively darker shades of green down the embossing folder before closing it to run through the diecutting machine.

I think my fave is the one at the top where I added salt to the multicoloured panel while the paint was still wet. Lovely effect.

Hope you enjoy these.

Bye for now.

Love,
Janelle

4 comments:

  1. I love your great bathtub lady getting all wrinkly, Janelle, but it was these vibrant and gorgeous watercolored backgrounds that caught my eye!! I've been missing a ton of inspiration by being a lousy bloggie friend! I just subscribed so hopefully I will no longer miss when you post!

    I want to thank you so much for sharing my Boo Boo graphic on FB!! That was really sweet of you!! Hope to see you April 1! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to have you on board, Darnell. It's actually a great honour. I'll have to find a boo boo to share (most times I've just thrown them away.) ;(

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all so fabulous Janelle, I especially love the card with just a small section watercoloured and then you have stamped the flower over top!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.