Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Day 4 - Christmas Cards for You

Welcome back for another dose of Christmas inspiration.


My first card here is another very simple one that used the card topper and just a little glitter glue around the snow and some red rhinestones on top of the flower in each corner embellishment.

The stamped sentiment came from the Christmas Song Precut stamp set. (I've used it on some other cards also.)

I wanted to keep my postage costs down as much as possible because last year I had to pay double the standard for a lot of my cards, and it ended up being very expensive. Consequently this year, I'm trying for fewer layers and smaller rhinestones, unless I plan to hand deliver.












My second card here used the Christmas tree die from the Banner and Trees die set from Heartfelt Creations/Spellbinders. 

I copied a technique from Emma Lou Beechy where she die cut a number of trees and then adhered them to the cardstock background so they are placed "head-to-tail" across the panel; thus creating such a pretty background. Alternately, if you had a large background die, you could just used it; but it's nice to make it a little more original.
I attached some white vellum flowers that I made using the Posy Patch stamp and die sets that I then heat embossed with white embossing powder. I finished them with a dab of clear glitter glue in the centres. The sentiment panel came from the Christmas Card Paper Collection.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my creations as I'm enjoying showing off ...ur...showing them off to you.

Bye for now,
Janelle

2 comments:

  1. More gorgeousness Janelle, loving those vellum flowers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, Therese. I'm glad you like what you see.

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.