Sunday, September 23, 2012

Annabelle Stamps Challenge - Late but I still like it!

A fortnight ago, Annabelle Stamps had a challenge called "Lime, Mango, Orange and White". I made this card for it, but owing to life intervening, I didn't get it posted in time. Anyway, I'm doing it now.

 I used the Darkroom Door Background stamp "French Script" that Rachel Greig sent to me after my card was published on the cover of "Australian Simply Cards", and I also used the Katy Sue Designs "Fairies" stamps that I won on the Scrapbook Boutique blog hop.

I used an embossed resist technique to create the background, by stamping in Versamark then embossing in white.  I then masked a circle on the page before sponging with Distress inkpads to create the sunset design. I then stamped the fairies and sentiment in black Staz-On so that it would cover the previous embossing.

For the butterfly I used an acrylic die-cut shape from HOTP and an outline sticker from Anita's that I coloured with a Copic marker.


This photo shows the sheen from the Perfect Pearls I brushed over the edges.
 
The big green flower was a cheapie I bought from a discount store and is from the Little Birdie company. They are similar to some of the new flowers from Couture Creations, at a fraction of the price. BARGAIN!!!


 Well, it's bye for now.

Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.