Friday, September 14, 2012

A Birthday Card for Jacqueline

I recently made a birthday card for my step-daughter, Jacqueline, who lives in Melbourne as she was turning 22. I had to wait until she had received it before I could post it. She lives far too far away and we all miss her terribly throughout the year.

I used a new stamp and die set from Papertrey Ink called "Rosie Posie" and the "Signature Greetings" stamp set, as well as some pages from a free paper pad from Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine. I also used a Beauty Label from HOTP, vellum, Swiss Dots embossing folder, rhinestones and a variety of inks and Faber Castell watercolour pencils. The pencils were applied after the stamping to create shading on the die cuts.

I wanted to have a card that reflected the vibrant colours of the papers, but wasn't too overpowering. This card was inspired by a card made by Susan Cobb who designs for Paper Wishes. As soon as I saw it, I knew I had to make it with the Rosie Posie stamps.

Today I also visited the Annabelle Stamps blog. If you haven't had a chance to view this site, you should as the designer team are so innovative and creative - it was wonderful to discover it. It's also nice to see an Australian company creating and supplying quality products to crafters.

Anyway, bye for now.
Janelle

2 comments:

  1. I'll bet she just loved it! What a glorious card, so bright and cheery, love love love those stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Therese. She phoned to say "It was just her", which I was really happy about.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.