Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Masculine Cards

I don't know about you, but I always find it difficult to create interesting cards for the men in my life. I saw an interesting idea by Kristina Werner for using washi tape and since I'd just got some from Paper Wishes, thought I'd give it a shot.

I made two - one for a friend and the other for a brother-in-law. I love the strong lines in it and masculine colours - but it's not boring because the circles on the paper and the big wooden buttons add extra dimension.
Materials used:  10.5x14cm cream card blank
                        cre8tiv 12x12" Specialty paper - dark brown
                        We R Memory Keepers Vintage Blue collection - Sugar Plum
                             Cloud 9 Design Sparkle Celebration Bubbles paper - Cinnamon Stick
                        We R Memory Keepers washi Tape - black, blue, brown, aqua and red
                             Martha Stewart Diamond Fence Deep Couble Edge punch
                        FabScraps and Prima wooden buttons
                        Fundamentals alphabet stickers

July is always a really busy season for birthdays, so I've got a lot more cards to make.

Bye for now,
Janelle

PS Check out Kristina's blog as she has some delightful cards and her how-to videos are interesting and informative.

2 comments:

  1. Super fab masculine design! These are always difficult to 'get right' and your card is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm sure I'll be making a lot more cards for males soon as I have to make a batch for my son's school's Father's Day stall - maybe variations on the theme???

      Delete

Thanks for your comment. I'm glad you've enjoyed my blog.